Thursday, May 22, 2008

Roasted Chicken Breast with Broccoli Casserole

I've been going through a lazy blog spell. It must be the nice weather (I swear we have had one of the longest winters ever), or I may still be recovering from working because I'm getting that old. In college, this was a go to meal for my boyfriend (now husband) and I as it would feed us for a couple of days. I would season chicken breasts (preferably bone in skin on, but we couldn't find any this week) with s&p, paprika, cayenne, pan sear and finish roasting them in the oven. Then, I'd serve it with our most favorite casserole dish, broccoli casserole. Yum. I'm sure you can google it and find plenty of recipes, I happen to not measure, but I'll give you a general idea of what I toss in:

  • -Frozen broccoli florets
  • -1-2 cooked, shredded chicken breasts
  • -1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • -a few squirts of mayonaise, hmm, maybe 1/4 cup?
  • -one lemon squeezed, add zest if you're feeling zesty
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Mix this all together, butter a casserole dish, and place mixture in dish. For topping:

  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • Fried onions from a can

Bake for covered, 45 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Remove cover for the last 15 minutes of cooking to get a nice crust. Enjoy.


-

0 comments: